Tuesday, April 07, 2009

BOO!

Did I scare you? :)



Hiiiiiiiii! I know, feel free to stone me... I have been a baaaaaad baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad blogger. No excuses except that I detest my slow as molasses computer and it does nothing but give me constant fits and I am always on the verge of throwing it out the window at any given time. Who really wants to blog in that state of mind? Not me. I would come across as just how cranky I am feeling and I don't think that's the type of person I would like to be perceived as. As you can see I had fun playing with a new blogger template. Maybe one day I will do up a new banner. I am NOT promising anything though. I have blogged a few times on my business website so feel free to take a peek over there!

Lots going on with us.

Brandon just passed his Officer in Charge Review board!!! A big congrats to him. He deserved it! He studied his hiney off for the past couple of months and he really knows his stuff so I am one proud Coastie wife!!

Garrett is in his last couple of months of VPK and doing very well. He is way too smart and I am in constant awe of the things he knows. Surely I didn't know about A-B patterns or A-B-C patterns at 4 years old. Or "reebersible" (reversible) change. He will graduate on June 4th. Ceremony will be held that day and everyone is invited! Its going to be the cutest thing ever! I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he will be in Kindergarten next fall. When did become old enough for that? He is playing Tee Ball and having a good time. Tee ball is a hoot. Three, Four, and Five year olds on an itty bitty ball field with a big scoreboard. Very cute. It's an experience all of its own. One kid decides they need to use the potty and you can bet that half of our team will decide the same thing.

Avery is growing growing growing. She is talking up a storm and is one willful little girl. We had an incident last week where she got ahold of a bottle of meds which landed us in the ER for four hours while they monitored her. She never actually ingested any of it thank goodness but we had no way of knowing that without blood work and a urinalysis. I had to wrestle her to keep the heart monitors on her and it took 4 of us to hold her down while they drew blood. She is soooo stinkin' strong. She has turned into a sweet cuddler which I am soaking up. Although her cuddles usually come in short spurts because she just can't sit still long enough. She has places to go, things to do, and people to see! She adores her big bubba and is his little mockingbird. She wants to do whatever Garrett is doing, Eat and drink the same things, Sing the same songs, Read the same book, Color on the same paper... you get the idea. Its pretty cute but it has made for many the sibling battle. She is currently singing "We will wock you... tttt tttt tttttt" which her brother taught her. Its pretty cute to hear. One day I will get it on video. She always stops performing once I pull out the camera.

Meet Buoy. The newest addition to the Henderson household. He is over twice this size now but these are the only ones I have converted to show you all so far. He is an English Bulldog. Brandon's dream dog. The kids have fallen in love with him and I must say he is a pretty good puppy minus all the chewing and biting on our feet. He lets the kids do anything to/with him. He is rowdy like you wouldn't believe sometimes! He just weighed in today at the vet at 21.6 lbs. quite the chunker now.



Just a few little updates from us. I am not making any promises about anything with this post. Maybe things might change if I just bite my tongue. Hope all is well with you and yours! I will leave you with a little tip of the day, week, month, wellllll... YEAR to date :)

RSS FEED READERS


Do you all know about RSS feed readers? They are pretty slick! You can "subscribe" to blogs and your reader will notify you when one of the blogs on your feed has updated. There are many out there. I use one called Feed Demon. My friend Jeanine recommended it to me and I have been using it for months. Its great and it has saved me so much time. I follow way too many blogs and this way I can in one glance see who has new updates and only read those. Instead of blog stalking so many during the day. So if you were inclined to find yourself an rss feed reader be sure to hit the subscribe icon in your browser and add us!

7 comments:

♥ Leia Everett-Reeves ♥ said...

Welcome back STRANGER!! ;)

thekings said...

I absolutely love Buoy! Mike is dying for an English Bulldog but there are none to be found around here!

I can't believe Garrett is going to be in Kindergarten next year. Seriously it was just like yesterday it seems that you told me you were prgnant with him!

I am glad Avery is doing well, I am sure you were panicking! That is too cute that she wants to hang out with her big brother!

Kinderkouture said...

What cute pictures. My goodness Buoy is adorable, and thanks for mentioning my name. I love Feeddemon too. I think I follow almost 110 blogs right now. Way too much. Glad you posted a few things.

Melissa said...

I love how you bring your blog to life with you journaling. Even if it has been forever since you posted lol. And the kiddos are a s cute as can be. As well as the new puppy. I also want to let you know that Coasties Saves is open for business so please share with everyone. thanks. miss you

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for adding my link love ya

Dennis said...

Sarah,
Thanks for posting. You have a beautiful family and Buoy! Wow, would love to get one. We are all on "baby watch" around here waiting for Jack's arrival. Rhonda is having a baby shower for Heather tomorrow, wish you were closer and could attend. We love being so close to Jason, Heather, Noah & Katy. Hopefully, someday all our paths will cross again. Our Garrett just turned 18 and leaves for the Marines in less than two months, and Shannon is back home and starts a thirteen month live in program this summer at a local Christian Camp here in New Braunfels. All is well, Tell your family hi........

The Jarrells said...

oh my gosh, that is the most adorable picture of them EVER!!!! Garrett is of course the most handsome little boy and Avery is a little knock out! sweetness! miss you!!