Saturday, May 28, 2011

Avery ♥ Daddy



Very often the things kids say are downright hilarious. I am so blessed to be a stay at home/ work at home momma who gets to witness these moments on a daily basis.

Today we started Avery's very overdue homeschooling program. I had intended to wait until Tuesday until Garrett went back to school, but she was eager and I thought I had better roll with it! The first lesson embodies the concept that God is our Father who always was, is now, and always will be. The lesson goes on the discuss the special things that Father's do for us. HELLO? PERFECT!!! Father's day IS just a couple of weeks away, and what better time to discuss this than now? I asked Avery a few questions and here are here answers:

1. Why Do you love your Daddy? "Because he tickles me and makes me like a guitar" (Daddy pretends she is the guitar and he is playing her)

2. What do you like to do best with your daddy? "Go to the woods with him and go to a restaurant while you and Bubba are at school" (They had a lunch date a few weeks ago while I was helping in Garrett's class. She thought that was pretty cool.)

3. How does Daddy let you know that he loves you? "He gives me some drinks. He says he loves me."

4. When do you like to spend special time with Daddy? "When he gives me some treats." :)

Words from the heart of a three year old. (Less than one month until she is FOUR. Where has the time gone? *momma moment*)

On another note: Avery is an expert at writing her name, and several other names and words. She is always eager to learn how to write new things. We have been working on her really and fully recognizing every letter. Back in February she voiced her concern to me that she couldn't start Preschool next year because "I don't know how to write my letters." It broke my heart that she even had that burden of worry in her little heart. So we got to work in March and she instantly learned how to spell Avery, Mom, Dad, Grammie, Mi Mi, Paw Paw, Bubba. She even insisted on learning how to spell Bonnie's name when she visited us! She loves to write names so much that they even have been found decorating our white walls. (Not sure if I should be mad, or proud lol)





 Anyways, there is never a dull moment with our baby girl. And through her I am either frustrated by her will, or in stitches by her expressions and the things that she comes up with! Life is sweet, indeed!

No comments: