
Who knew a little walk down memory lane via our family blog would inspire a new post... nearly 1 year after my last entry? It also inspired the tears to flow. Tears of the joyous memories penned out to be forever remembered within the "walls" of this cozy little blog. I am sick to my stomach that I have not kept up and documented every tiny moment and milestone (big and small) of our lives, of my babies lives. In a world that seems so cluttered for me at times, something had to give. I had to simplify and regrettably our blog was the casualty. Between my photography website and blog, photography fan page, and Facebook in general, it took a back seat. I was achieving personal business goals one baby step at a time, but forgetting to nurture and keep alive where it all began ... "Our Little Coastie Family". The fact of the matter is that this blog is the simplest spot I know.
We recently moved from FL to Arkansas. We have been here almost two months. I have had LOTS of downtime from the business side of things. I think this "calm" was exactly what I needed to regroup and re prioritize. As I type this I am anxiously awaiting the approval of my business license here in Arkansas. We are living on base and because of that I have to go through extra steps before I can even submit it to the county. The base commander as well as AAFES must approve this. I had a few moments of fear that they will not pass it through. But after almost two weeks of waiting for an answer I have decided that business license or none, I am and always will be a photographer. It's in the depths of my core, and no piece of paper can ever change that. It will change whether or not I am open for business in the state of Arkansas though. And if it is not approved, I am ok with that. Sure it will be disappointing, but I know it is not permanent. So with that said, I am going to vow to spruce this place up. To nurture it. To keep documentation of the tiny moments and milestones-- big and small. I am going to put this out there as plainly as I can. I actually believed that if I posted non professional or artsy looking shots of the kids on here I would disappoint our followers. But right here, right now I vow to begin a new relationship with my point and shoot camera. To learn to love the everyday snapshots of my babies. Imperfections and all. I don't know why I would be bothered by my own? I love to look at everyone elses. (Is "elses" a word?) Just promise me if a shot looks "snapshotty" y'all will just assume it's from the point and shoot and not judge me, k? It's time to get back to my roots on the web. Momma is comin' home! :)

3 comments:
First of all, I am so happy you blogged. It was so funny, when I opened this site I could not even remember what it looked like. LOL. Love the colors. So Fallish! Is that a word? Second of all, I love what you wrote and how you wrote it. Straight from your heart. I thought you were sitting next to me talking to me. Great. Yes, I will criticize your shots, however you are right. I find myself shooting more in JPEG mode lately when I need fast and quick shots. It is just easier, and sometimes you just have pick and choose how you are going to spend your precious time. I hope you get your license.
I have to admit that I was shocked when I saw a post on here!
With that said, who cares if pictures look snapshotty?? Just because we are photographers that does not mean that we have to have perfect "shots" of every little thing.... we are allowed to grab a little point and shoot and have snapshotty pictures. Snap shots do not make a photographer any more or less of a photograhpher. Snap shots make memories, fast and easy memories. Besides our lives are not all about what is photographically correct, it's about fun, love and chaos AND SNAPSHOTS!
Have fun and enjoy nurturing your little family blog!! I know I'm going to enjoy watching! (and getting back to how it should be around the Reeves' house as well!)
Sarah: You're a photographer no matter the camera... a photographer is a memory keeper... and that's what you are no matter your camera. I love snapshotty pictures, they're fun and are cozy memories that you and your kids will love for years to come. Glad to see you're blogging again, maybe I need a lil of your motivation on my blog haha! Anyways, hope you're having fun with your family, love you:)
-Amber ( in Alaska)
Post a Comment