Wow, where is the year going? Its May. You know what that means right? LOVEBUG season. (And you thought I was referring to our kids didn't you?) Lovebugs, nasty nasty lil buggers. Really. They fill the air this time of year. On May 1st I saw my first lovebugs and sort of smiled because they didn't miss a beat. May and September guarantee that we will be busy scrubbing the front grills of our vehicles over and over. Its life in the south, I suppose.
Anyways I wanted to share a few snaps from this afternoon of the kiddos. I have not taken many photos of them period this year. That's just sickening to me. They are growing at insanely fast speed. Avery will be two next month. And Garrett will be FIVE in August. (I however, will still be 28 in July if you are wondering. I think this is a good age to just cease the counting at for myself.) Anyways back to the kids... Garrett just came in to me as I type this and said "Feel my heart! Feel my heart Momma!" So I lay my hand on his chest and he takes three big gulps of water from his cup and then wide eyed he excitedly asks " Did it go really fast?" It sure did. How he came to discover that is so funny. It reminds me of all the things we as adults take for granted. All of the small wonders and discoveries that are years behind us are still so fresh and new through the eyes of my children! Its those moments of discoveries and wonders that are wonderful reminders to sit back and really look at the world around us. And to enjoy it! And that's exactly what I intend to do.
Not much happening right now at the Henderson's. Garrett is being his usual goofy self, Avery is in her crib for a much needed siesta, and her daddy is taking a quick one as well. I set out to do a quick little blog post which is taking a few minutes longer than anticipated. I tend to get off on tangents. ;) I will be heading into the kitchen upon publishing this post to begin prepping dinner. On the Menu: Grilled Shish-Kabobs, Grilled corn on the cob, and fruit salad! We have been having such nice weather that its official BBQ-ing season and I love it! Brandon will be bringing us home a picnic table sometime this week so we can enjoy some suppers outdoors, with the mosquito's. And lovebugs. OK maybe we will just look at the picnic table from our dinning room window as we sit inside in the AC and bug free. See! I'm off on a tangent. Love you all and if anyone is feeling the need for a vacation I think Pensacola is a fabulous place to visit. Just putting that out there! Food for thought. Now off I go to cook food for our bellies and to thank the Lord for the innocence of my children, the world around us, warm weather, barbecued food, and lovebugs. Not mosquito's though.

2 comments:
I saw my first lovebug today, and thought about it too. Cute pictures. Avery looks like she is feeling better.
We need to test out the picnic table and have hamburgers and hot dogs one night.
That fruit salad sounds deeeelish!
Cute smiles! The one think that I have to complain about in the south is the bugs although every year I get a little more used to them. Mosquitoes are definitely part of the curse. I dread them. Loved talking with you the other day. Lets catch up more often! And you better start taking more pictures of those children, they grow so fast (I am preaching to myself)
Love ya
Post a Comment