Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day!!!

What a wonderful first mother's day as a momma of 2!
The sun was shining as we arose early to make it on time to church with Nannie. Garrett exclaimed "Happy Mother's Day!" to anyone he encountered as we arrived. Excitedly, he went back with his cousins for children's church as the rest of the family took up an entire pew and then some. Our presence was surely made known for during the sermon Avery and Caleb were smooching on each other which had us and everyone surrounding us doing our best to stifle our giggles. After Church we headed over to Nannie and Da's for lunch and to celebrate Jo- Jo's birthday. However, in order to remain on good terms with her I won't tell you how old she is... or wait, maybe I will! I will use her words. She is "two 25's. " So as you can see it was a big milestone! We left Nannies with full bellies and headed home! We decided to break in our new pool and go swimming when we arrived home. We had a blast all afternoon splish splashing and having "baby races" as we dubbed them! Daddy and Avery vs. Mommy and Garrett. I think we are tied right now. But the competition is on! Garrett and Avery are both two little water baby's through and through. Garrett has always loved water in any shape or form. And Avery is exactly the same in that aspect. So as their momma, watching my children having so much fun and spending such great family time together was a perfect way to spend the afternoon of a day that recognizes being a mom! The only thing that would have made this day more perfect was if I were able to have spent it with my mom also! I love you mom and I hope you know what an amazing mother you are and just how much you are appreciated!
4 generations!

1 comment:

The Jarrells said...

so glad you had a wonderful mother's day! isn't it great having 2 kids to celebrate it with!