Garrett and I are really excited because tomorrow........... DADDY COMES HOME!!! We look forward to being together again! We missed him like crazy! Garrett told him today on the phone that he wanted him at the house. Like come home now Daddy! They have a very special bond. Everynight they have a who loves who the most war! It's pure joy to listen to my boys together! And I am so eager for us to go enjoy some of the Christmas festivities around here. Every year in City Park in New Orleans they hold "Celebration in the Oaks". Huge old oak trees are covered in lights and you take a walking tour through them and see a live nativity, carolers, and a childrens storybook land among many other things. As you can see I am eager for us to go and enjoy it with a nice thermos of hot chocolate or yummy apple cider!
Garrett and our neighbor Nicole decorated some Christmas sugar cookies lastnight. They had a blast. Garrett couldn't help himself from taking a nibble of each cookie as he decorated them! I think I will be sweeping up sprinkles through the new year! I finally am somewhat in the Christmas baking mood. I think this pregnancy has me wiped out so doing any extra thing such as baking just has not had the appeal that it held last year. But I will be making fudge, cinnamon spiced nuts, and Nuts~n~bolts (homemade chex mix. Also known as Texas Trash). My Grandma makes the best Nuts ~n~ Bolts but I will attempt it again this year! If I get really inspired I might attempt my Auntie Bobo's Chocolate covered peanut butter balls. Oh they are delicious!
Garrett and I have been reading together each night the story of the Birth of Jesus and its so nice to have the daily reminder of the true reason for the season as its so easy to be wrapped up in things less important. We read from his illustrated childrens bible stories and he gets so excited when we turn the page and see the "baby sleeping".
Anyways I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:
hey girl!! i love all your pictures and your tree is so pretty! garrett is getting so big!!! gosh! give him a hug for me and your tummy a rub :) miss you!! yall have a wonderful christmas!!!!
Boy is Garrett getting big, (a real big brother will he be). So sweet to hear about you reading to Garrett the real Christmas story, kids accept the truth so openly. Keep us the great job mommy, we are praying for your sweet family, looking forward to the expanding of you and your family.
With Love and Prayers
Merry Christmas,
The Rays
Post a Comment